Our Commitment to Treating Customers Fairly
The Directors and Management of Kia Motors (UK) Limited trading as Bolton Kia are committed to ensuring that the FCA principle of treating customers fairly (TCF) is applied in all areas of our day to day business activities.
In adopting the TCF principle we recognise that fair treatment of our customers is about adding value to the service we offer by aiming to:
- protect the interests of our customers at each stage of the product life cycle, from promotion right through to after sales service.
- meet as best we can the unique needs of each customer by offering a transparent, efficient and professional service, and constantly reviewing our service to identify areas for improvement.
In practical terms for the different areas of our business this means:
- ensuring that promotional material is clear, compliant, jargon free and appropriately targeted.
- ensuring that sales executives within the dealership have thorough training on all products they discuss or sell and understand who they are and aren’t suitable for.
- operating incentives to sales staff which assure fairness to the customer as well as customer satisfaction, rather than only rewarding sales volumes.
- keeping detailed records of customer instructions and options given before, during and after a sale – to help ensure we treat customers fairly and can deal with any complaints that may arise swiftly and fairly.
- encouraging after sales contact with clients where appropriate to correct or improve on the service already offered.
- ensuring that customer complaints are assessed fairly, promptly and impartially, and in line with FCA deadlines and rules.
- encouraging staff to recommend improvements to service following customer complaints – and monitoring the outcome.
- ensuring that staff are kept up to date with relevant training in relation to all regulatory requirements and other matters directly affecting the quality of service offered to customers.
- regularly monitoring and reporting on all of the above TCF activities as part of the company’s monthly management information review, in order to assess TCF performance across the business and recommend changes where appropriate.
- ensuring that TCF values, which are set and communicated by Senior Management, are supported by all staff and understood in the same way.